Honoring Stories Worth Telling
- From novices to multiple award winners.
- All ages, cultures & media considered for $45k in Awards..
- Judges from Marvel – HBO – Emmys® – BBC.
- Submissions are considered for distribution.
- 1st look deals with Netflix, PBS, and more.
- You always retain the rights to your content & entry data.
- 28 Classic & Technology categories.
- Emmys® Award Consulting & Broadcasting for 1 entry.
- People who submit & attend have benefited from connections to programming, funding, publishing, bookings, executives, distribution, press, sales and more (click video to see).
- Up to 3 Industry leaders review/screen your content based on story, production value, New Media.
- If 2-3 of the screeners approve of your content based on our criteria, you are accepted in to the festival.
- Meetings have been requested outside of the festival process from this review process.
- Eligibility – all genres, formats, niches, completed by dates accepted including online content.
We Accept it All
- All content considered, online, made public, novice, expert
- All genres and niches
- All completed by dates
- Distributed and Non-Distributed content
- Inclusive & Diverse, always.
- Vie for $45,000 USD in Awards
- Meetings with HBO, Marvel & Arpix Media
- InkTip-ISA,-ScriptReaderPro-iPitchTV kits
- Best in Category – Audience Top 3 Scripts & Grand Prize Awards
- Custom hand painted wood slate
- Studio time in Los Angeles CA
- Post Production re Mongo Media Services
- Casting & Production Services – Select Services Films Inc.
- Member UFFO’s Code of Practices for Film Festivals
- IMDB official event
- Submissions have opportunities outside the festival process
- Submissions get distribution consideration
- Awards valid 1 year from festival dates, non-transferable
- All-Access Pass
- Walk the Red Carpet for press interviews
- Be part of the Q & A after your screening
- Be a guest of honor at the VIP Soiree
- Marketing to our 80,000 newsletter subscribers
- Social Media Press & International Press Releases
Submit early and save:
Regular Deadline January 3, 2021, $70
Late Deadline March 3, 2021, $75
Final Deadline April 3, 2021, $80
Notification Date by April 15, 2021
Submit for 12th Annual June 2-3, 2021
Including but not limited to Stop Motion, Claymation, Classic, etc.
AR, AI, 5D
Content created with Augmented Reality (AR), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and/or 5D technologies.
All non-digital disciplines considered to exhibit in our International Art Exhibit during the festival.
Apps can be created for Mobile or tablets. We will screen your app demo video if accepted.
Digital Comics are accepted in digital format only, no physical books please.
Content created with a drone.
30 minutes or longer , any subject, genre or format.
Mixed reality (MR) is the merging of real and virtual worlds to produce new environments and visualizations, where physical and digital objects co-exist and interact in real time.
Media content created with your cell or phone or tablet.
Submit your music audio file.
All Music Videos welcome.
Since New Media is an ever evolving arena, we have this category for those of you that have created something that is not right for our other categories such as Gaming, Tech Vlog’s, VE, Vertical, Live, Location Based, etc.
A documentary or narrative form, all genres.
Our successful Producer Panel & Pitching is now available online. A video of you/team pitching your project or EPK Please note, we accept up to 2 minutes and you must own the rights to what you pitch. Our in person pitches at the festival have led to meetings with Execs from BBC, Warner, Sneak Preview, Qualcomm, Samuel Goldwyn Films, Lighthouse, and more. To hear pitching tips from Exes go here
A program made available in digital format for automatic download over the Internet and/or apps.
All Scripts. Short or long form, animation, comedy, sitcom, drama, books, web series, reality, live, TV anything scripted, this is for you. There is not a limit on page numbers. Top 3 winners in this category win Industry memberships valued at $1000.00 each & are still considered for Grand Prize Award. NEW – coverage is available.
Any content 30 minutes or under.
Snipler – a 30 second pitch
Think of it as a snippet of a trailer, a way to pitch a project vs. preview a project (trailer).
You may submit any genre, any length for this category. The subject matter must at some point touch on or involve one of these elements: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and/or Math.
Content that was made while you were a student.
SR – Socially Responsible
Film & media content that has a socially responsible message and would like to be considered for competition in this category. Including but not limited to PSA’s, industrials, journalism. We have had stories as diverse as the Last Dinners of Death Row Inmates to Bumblebees.
Up to 4 minutes of an excerpt from your content that you use as a preview. Judged by a journalist who reviews trailers for press.
TV on a whole is more reliant on dialogue than action. ½ hour spot usually runs around 20 minutes and hour long around 45 minutes.
Virtual Reality / 360
Any content created with Virtual Reality or 360 technology.
A series of scripted or non-scripted videos, generally in episodic form.
Web Series Promo
This is between a trailer and an episode, various time lengths, usually one scene.
Stories that exemplify the power of the cinematic arts to inspire and transform.
Festival worth the entry fee.
Makes the cutting edge accessible.
Fill in our form to contact us for anything related to New Media Film Festival. Our normal response time is the same day.
10850 Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064
New Media Film Festival ®, an innovative and award-winning festival created in 2009, celebrates global stories, technology, and platforms. We continually implement new opportunities outside the norm to bolster creators in media. Through our boundary-pushing ideology, we create an environment for creators to thrive.